Get ready to set your DVR for 10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1. The 14th season of “Top Chef” on Bravo premieres in our beautiful city of Charleston. This season will be a little different from seasons past. Eight new chefs from around the country will go up against eight returning chefs.
The returning chefs are:
- Sam Talbot (Season 2: Los Angeles) – Brooklyn, New York
- Casey Thompson (Season 3: Miami & Season 8: All-Stars) – Napa Valley, California
- Amanda Baumgarten (Season 7: Washington, D.C.) – Chicago, Illinois
- Brooke Williamson (Season 10: Seattle) – Los Angeles, California
- Sheldon Simeon (Season 10: Seattle) – Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- John Tesar (Season 10: Seattle) – Dallas, Texas
- Shirley Chung (Season 11: New Orleans) – Orange County, California
- Katsuji Tanabe (Season 12: Boston) – Los Angeles, California
The new chefs are:
- Annie Pettry – Louisville, Kentucky
- BJ Smith – Portland, Oregon
- Emily Hahn – Charleston, South Carolina
- Gerald Sombright – Marco Island, Florida
- Jamie Lynch – Charlotte, North Carolina
- Jim Smith – Montgomery, Alabama
- Silvia Barban – Brooklyn, New York
- Sylva Senat – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
From the new contestant group, both Emily Hahn and Jamie Lynch have ties to Charleston. Hahn works for Warehouse Bar + Kitchen. Lynch works for 5Church Group out of Charlotte, but is involved in the 5Church restaurants in both Atlanta and Charleston.
The winner gets a hefty check of $125,000, so the competition should be stiff. As culinary connoisseurs ourselves, we are looking forward to watching this season in Charleston. As a matter of fact, we started our culinary tours after meeting TV personality Giada De Laurentiis from Food Network and her show “Giada at Home.” Culinary shows go a long way with us!
Tune in this Thursday and every Thursday at 10 p.m. on Bravo for this season of “Top Chef.”